Please don't forget to check the prayer page, and pray for those prayer requests, and add your own! Thanks!
Sabbath September 5, 2015
Sabbath School 9:45 am
Superintendent’s Remarks – Joe Ewing-Chow
Bible Study Lesson –Biblical Missionaries “Philip as Missionary”
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth “ (Acts 1:8 NIV).
World mission was the main concern of the risen Christ during the 40 days between His crucifixion and ascension. The New Testament preserves at least five of His Great Commission statements: Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47-49, John 20:21, Acts 1:5-8. Together they constitute the greatest assignment ever given to Christians. Among the commands was a geographical strategy for mission outreach, from its Jerusalem base to all Judea and Samaria, then ultimately to the ends of the earth. This was a command that they, indeed, took seriously and set out to fulfill. Source: Sabbath School Quarterly.
The Church at Praise 10:50-11:00 am
- Wickford Youth and Young Adult Weekend of Prayer: Here I Am! September 10-12th. Starts Thursday nite at 7:30 pm. All invited to this exciting event! See flyer for full schedule of events. More info see Hugh Williams.
- Next week is our monthly fellowship meal and it will be special because it is a Youth focused event from Sept 10-12. We will be expecting lots of people. We need beverages, snacks to munch on:
- dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts, popcorn, nachos, crackers, spreads.
- "Jesus Has My Back" Packs for our local women’s ministry program. Please see insert for items needed to fill the packs. For more info see Donna.
Sunset Today: 7:12 Next Friday: 7:00
Entering His Presence to Worship 11:00 a.m.
“I Love You Lord”
Call to Worship Hugh J.
Invocation & Welcome* Joe Ewing-Chow
Opening Hymn** Hymnal #312
“Near the Cross”
Tithes & Offerings* Hugh Williams Sr.
Our Local Wickford Church Budget
Doxology** Hymnal # 694
“Praise God, From Whom All Blessings”
Prayer of Intercession and Praise* Joe Ewing-Chow
Hymn “As We Come to You in Prayer” Hymnal #671
Response*** Hymnal #684
“Hear Our Prayer, O Lord”
Youth Story Doug Harris
Scripture Reading Hugh J.
Special Music Denise & Pam
Sermon Larry Dunder
“A Message from God’s Word”
Hymn of Consecration** Hymnal #590
“Trust and Obey”
Benediction Larry Dunder
Postlude * Selections
* Please be Seated **Please Stand ***Please Kneel
* * * * *
Offering next week: WB* / Fall Mission Appeal
Pastor Joseph Piresson (860)759-8132 email: email@example.com
Elder Joe Ewing-Chow (401)284-3131 Clerk Robert Turner (401)782-4796
Elder Larry Dunder (401)539-3418 Treasurer Peter Cregan (401)862-4258
Elder Sandy Cregan (401)862-6593
Church address: 8050 Post Rd, N. Kingstown, RI 02852 Phone: (401) 294-6356
Mail: PO Box 41, N. Kingstown, RI 02852 website: www.wickfordsdachurch.org
- “Here I Am”! Wickford Youth Weekend of Prayer!
Location: Right here at the Wickford Church.
David Hoover will be our dynamic guest speaker!
See flyer for full schedule of events! All invited!
- "Jesus Has My Back" Packs!
These are given to women in prison. These are the items needed to fill the pack:
- LifeTalk Radio, the church's radio station, exclusively Adventist, (that radio station is NOT found in the North East part of the country) can be found at the bottom of the church website? It can be listened to at any time, and is a nice option when looking through the church website. Thanks!
- Check out all the great information and pictures available on our church website and facebook pages! Thank you to Denise for your faithful administration of these sites.
- Atlantic Union Pathfinder Camporee 2016 Finish Faithful!
Go to: atlanticunion.camporee.org to register!
When: Camporee dates: May 18-22. 2016
Where: Burlingame State Park, Charlestown, RI!
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to fellowship with youth from all over the Atlantic Union right in our own back yard! Sign up today!
- Let’s Move Day: 5 K Run/Walk – Join us in the fight against osteoporosis by participating in a 5 K Run/Walk on Sunday, September 20, 2015. This event is sponsored by the Village Church located at 75 Sawyer Street, South Lancaster. For more information go to firstname.lastname@example.org or register at www.villagesdachurch.org/health-ministries.
and I will listen to you.” JEREMIAH 29:11, 12 (NKJV)
- Atlantic Union College Offers Career Changing Certificate Programs
Enrolling Now: Certificate Programs start September 21, 2015
English Second Language (ESL)
Enrolled Agent (Tax Specialist) Evangelism
Medical Billing and Coding Office Management
Information Technology (Cisco CCNA, CompTIA A+) AUC offers flexible innovative learning environments with low tuition.
Great opportunity for people seeking a new career, seeking promotion or enhancing skills.
For more information call (978)368-2250 or (978)660-8846.
Faithfulness in Little Things
“He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.” Luke 16:10.
Much time is lost in longing to do some great thing, some wonderful work, while the duties lying close at hand, the performance of which would make the life fragrant, are lost sight of. The life that is Christlike in the home will be Christlike in the church. It is the neglect of the smaller duties in an effort to reach after a great work, that spoils the life of many a one.
Many admire the broad, deep river which moves majestically in its onward course to the ocean. It is worthy of admiration; for it is doing its appointed work. But what of the thousand rivulets from the mountain side, which help to swell this noble stream? It is true that they are small and narrow; but they are indispensable, for without them the river could not exist. They are unitedly doing their appointed work in fertilizing the earth; their path through fields and meadows can be traced by the living green that lines their banks. Thus they are carrying out God’s plan, and adding to the prosperity of the world. The mighty river has worn for itself a channel through the everlasting hills; but in its place the brook is as necessary as the river....
Each individual member is responsible for the prosperity of the church. The world is full of work for the Master. Every day brings its burden of care and responsibility; and if just one neglects the work assigned him, some sacred interest suffers.
It is the conscientious attention to what the world calls little things that makes the great beauty and success of life. Little deeds of charity, little words of kindness, little acts of self-denial, a wise improvement of little opportunities, a diligent cultivation of little talents, make great men in God’s sight.
Thoughtful courtesies, that, commencing in our families, extend outside the family circle, help make up the sum of life’s happiness.
This text is taken from Sons and Daughters of God by Ellen G. White.
Exercise! By Dr. Neal Nedley
We are a sedentary nation of couch potatoes addicted to computer games, TV, and spectator sports. We need exercise! Children who once were off the charts in exercise demand, now sit; and way too much – 17 percent are overweight or obese, largely due to sitting. This makes them prone to adult type 2 diabetes, with its dire complications.
Pregnancy: Moms to-be, you need to get out and get going! Research shows that moderate exercise increases placental blood flow and decreases risks of pregnancy. When you exercise, so does your baby. It decreases baby’s resting heart rate and birth weight – important conditioning parameters.
Exercise may help:
- Control weight – the metabolic rate increases, burning more calories even at rest!
- Increase lung capacity and recharge oxygen supply
- Improve blood pressure, circulation, and strengthen your heart
- Lower cholesterol and improve blood flow in the arteries – it can even help reverse arteriosclerosis!
- Relieve stress, tension, depression, and improve sleep naturally – without a pill!
- Promote the body’s ability to get rid of toxic wastes.
- Improve metabolism – stabilizes blood sugar.
- Strengthen the bones and counteract osteoporosis
- Increase physical strength and tone of muscles by improving oxygen utilization.
- Improve posture and decrease back problems
- Prevent the big C word – CANCER
Walking is the ideal exercise. Other good activities include swimming, cycling, gardening, and yard work. One of the special benefits of exercising outside is that you can combine at least three of the health principles: sunlight, fresh air, and exercise.
A daily program of at least thirty to forty minutes is best for maximum benefit. The important thing is that you enjoy what you do and do it regularly.
- Start slowly and progress gradually.
- It is better to exercise before a meal than right after a meal.
- Allow time to warm up and cool down.
- Discontinue your exercise and see your physician should you have any of the following symptoms:
- Pain in the chest, teeth, jaw, neck, arms, bones, or joints.
- Difficulty in breathing, light-headedness, or fainting
- Irregular heart rate during exercise or recovery period
- Excess fatigue
- Recurrent nausea or vomiting occurring after exercise
A balanced and well-planned exercise program is one of the wisest investments you can make. Choose an activity that you enjoy and stick to it. Have fun and feel better every day! Source: Newstart Lifestyle Club Newsletter
Better Than “Cheese” Ball
Recipe by Cheryl Farley, CPBN
1 tbsp. Minute Tapioca®
¼ c. water
½ lb. firm tofu [water-packed]
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 c. washed, raw cashews
3 tbsp. pimientos
2 tbsp. Yeast Flakes
½ tsp. dill weed
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic salt
Soak tapioca in water until soft.
Blend tofu and lemon juice together.
Add water if needed to blend mixture.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Cook until thickened thoroughly, about 30 minutes.
Pour into a mold of your choice or shape into a ball.
Serve with crackers.
Source: Newstart Lifestyle Club Newsletter
“I have no greater joy than to hear that My children
walk in truth.” 3 JOHN 4 (NKJV)
“You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3
Bible Study Sabbath Morning at 10:00 AM
N. Kingstown, RI 02852
Phone (401) 294-6356
Please leave a voicemail if needed
or leave an email at